Reporting to: Trading Manager & Forecasting Manager
No of Reports: 0
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000 DOE
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Bristol (City Centre)
About the role – purpose
Bristol Energy is a national gas and electricity company that is challenging the norm. Built on strong values of fairness and accountability, we believe in using our energy as a force for social good.
We have big ambitions and are looking for people with the skills, determination and passion to build on our success. If you’ve got the relevant experience and are driven to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
The Trading and Commercial team manage the volume and price risk associated with supplying gas and electricity to our domestic and commercial customer base via various routes to market. Key to this responsibility is accurate forecasting of customer demand and generation positions and those of the wholesale markets, to allow accurate, timely and responsible execution of our purchasing strategies in the wholesale markets.
We are looking for a Trading and Forecasting Analyst to support the team in the execution of the goal outlined above. This role would suit someone in the early stages of their career in the energy industry, looking to progress in a commercial and analytical role which offers them opportunities to gain experience in a range of areas within utility trading and forecasting. The right candidate will display aptitude for commercial operations and analysis within the energy industry, but also enthusiasm for the ethos and vision of our business.
About the role – accountabilities
This position will be exciting, fast-paced and varied – so you will need to be able to turn your hand to a number of activities. Although not an exhaustive list, these duties will include:
- Regular support to the trading process, including processing documentation and dealing with external queries
- Undertake accurate data analysis for customer and generator forecasts
- Monitor forecasting and trading reports and ensure issues are identified and resolved in a timely manager
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve forecast performance
- Perform ad-hoc analysis projects as required by Trading and Forecasting managers
- Create and document processes as required
- Produce dashboard reports and other reports as required
- Provide general support to the Trading and Commercial team as required
About you – Knowledge, skills and experience
Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to degree level, or have at least 2 years’ relevant experience
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Skills and Aptitudes
- Conscientious and have a good attention to detail
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Demonstrates logical decision making
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in dealing with people over the phone and face-to-face
- Must be willing to learn and be a quick to understand new ideas
- Ability to work in a team and under your own initiative
Please submit your CV with a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject field.