Reporting to: Operations Manager – Smart & Innovation
No of Reports: None
Location: Bristol City Centre
Three years since its creation, Bristol Energy is forging ahead with its plan to support Bristol City Council in creating a different kind of energy provider: one which has the community at its heart and focuses on driving profits for a purpose.
From local job creation to staff volunteer days, carbon reduction activities and well-being initiatives such as training mental health first aiders, we are proud to say the estimated value put back into the Bristol community is £7m this financial year (estimated £12m since inception).
Over the past year, we’ve had some great results; we’ve grown our customer base and pushed forward with our social mission to grow our renewable fuel mix:
- Residential has grown to over 165,000 customer supply points
- Business to Business has grown to over 4,500 business supply points
- Over 54 contracts with independent, renewable generators – many of them community owned
About the role
We are looking for Smart Energy Advisors to join our advisory team within Smart and Innovation at Bristol Energy. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team supporting Bristol Energy’s rapid transition from traditional meters to smart meters and offering additional connected home services that will enhance customer experience.
These roles are vital in enabling Bristol Energy to transition to being a Smarter organisation; providing customers with a market leading smart offering; which includes reliable meters, a positive installation experience, first class customer service and helpful innovative services.
You will engage with our smart metering partners, third party service providers, customers and other teams daily; and are involved in the end-to-end customer journey; including successful on-boarding, accurate billing, vend queries, meter installations and fixes, tariff, mode and tenancy changes.
Attention to detail, customer-focus and brilliant communication skills are paramount to this role, whilst keeping your colleagues and our customers at the heart of everything you do. This calls for resilience, determination and a positive can-do attitude.
You must have:
- An analytical and logical approach with the ability to understand numerical information & systems context
- Demonstrable experience of problem solving by investigating and resolving issues
- An innovative approach to resolving issues and a desire to improve your own and your team’s performance
- Strong IT skills including using Microsoft Excel and Word
- A customer focused mindset with experience of delivering excellent customer service
- An ability to be resilient and work flexibly in a changing fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to build strong rapport with a range of different customers, colleagues and third parties
- Excellent organisational skills and able to manage time effectively
- A resilient, self-motivated and results orientated approach to your work.
You will ideally have:
- Knowledge or experience in the energy industry or similar complex and regulated environments
- Experience of processing accounts or providing customer service in the following areas: Smart Metering, Billing, Collections, B2B, Energy Industry Operations or complaint handling
- Experience of using Energy Industry systems such as uSmart, Secure Front End (SFE) or Junifer
- An innovative approach to resolving issues and a desire to improve your own and your colleague’s performance
- Experience of training, buddying or supporting others at work.
Some roles may require BS7858 security checks
Please submit your CV with a short covering letter to [email protected] with the job title in the subject field