Our Fuel Good Fund
We believe no one’s health should suffer as a result of a cold home. “Heat or eat” shouldn’t be a decision anyone has to make.
So we’ve set-up the Fuel Good Fund to help households in fuel poverty.
How will the Fuel Good Fund work?
- We donate £15 to the fund for every fuel switched with a BS postcode.*
- Don’t have a BS postcode? Switch to us using the marketing code “FUELGOOD”, and we’ll donate.*
It's estimated that 4 million people live in fuel poverty in the UK. And the problem is particularly severe in our home city of Bristol, affecting around 25,000 households (that’s more than 1 in 8 households).
What will money from the Fund be spent on?
The aim of the fund is to create a measurable impact on as many individuals as possible.
Working with key partners, we'll help families live in healthier homes. We'll support them to implement home energy improvements such as draught-proofing and heating repairs.
What else is Bristol Energy doing to tackle Fuel Poverty?
In November 2017, we established the 'No Cold Homes' initiative to help tackle fuel poverty in Bristol. Led by Mayor Marvin Rees, the Centre for Sustainable Energy, Bristol Energy and Western Power Distribution, brought together charities, business leaders and influencers from across the city to share knowledge and develop an action plan for collaborative work.
We’re also proud to have been one of the first suppliers to volunteer to offer the Warm Home Discount to the Core Group.
How you can help us take action against Fuel Poverty:
- Have a BS postcode? Switch to us before we’ll donate £15 per fuel to the fund.*
- Don’t have a BS postcode? Switch to us using the marketing code “FUELGOOD” and we’ll donate to the fund.*
Stay tuned over the coming months as we reveal more ways people can donate to the fund and help us fight fuel poverty.
Do you work for an organisation that helps people in fuel poverty?
If your organisation would like to work with us, please get in touch with our Policy and Strategy Manager, Laura Penny.
Are you affected by Fuel Poverty?
- Find out how we can help, if you’re worried you can’t pay a bill.
- Read our energy saving tips to help keep your bills down