Reporting to: Director of Operations
No of Reports: TBC
Salary: Up to £65,000
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Location: Bristol (City Centre)
About the role – purpose
Bristol Energy is a national gas and electricity company that is challenging the norm. Built on strong values of fairness and accountability, we believe in using our energy as a force for social good.
We have big ambitions and are looking for people with the skills, determination and passion to build on our success. If you’ve got the relevant experience and are driven to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
Smart metering is a fundamental aspect of Bristol Energy’s plans. We have already rolled out a small number of SMETS1 smart meters to our customers and are also inheriting smart meters as customers join us. This will entail a step-change both in the way we interact with our customers and in how we manage their data. It will also open up a range of further business and social good opportunities.
The Head of Smart Metering Transition will create and manage the delivery of the operational capability to support the smart metering strategy and the wider Bristol Energy vision. The role will help Bristol Energy create a “smart” organisational capability.
Acting collaboratively with functional owners the Head of Smart Metering will manage the transition from the legacy organisation to the smart organisation. This role will act as a champion for continuous improvement, challenging how we do things so our customer journey is always moving forwards.
About the role – accountabilities
This position will be exciting, fast-paced and varied – so you will need to be able to turn your hand to a number of activities. Although not an exhaustive list, these duties will include:
- Manage the delivery of a smart operational capability, within scope and within budget
- Work closely with the Smart programme to ensure the rollout plans are delivered and that our customers benefit from the smart installs
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring resource availability and allocation
- Assist in the definition of the business plan, budget and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed transition plan with clear deliverables & to monitor and track progress
- Measure progress and monitor customer experience with smart, including internal performance measures
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimise business risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive local work instructions
- Successfully manage the relationship with all stakeholders and third parties
- Give specialist advice on the transition progress and challenges
- Recruit and train front and back office staff from both internal and external sources where appropriate
About you – Knowledge, skills and experience
You must have:
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the principles and delivery of organisational transition
- Experience of designing organisational structures
- Experience of working within a customer facing product roll out programme
- Excellent organisational skills with a good attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information to a variety of audiences
- The ability to work to multiple tight deadlines without compromising performance
- The ability to pick up new technologies quickly and explain them to others
- A personable and collaborative approach with experience of working with a range of stakeholders
You will ideally have:
- Experience within the utilities industry with exposure to smart metering
Please submit your CV with a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject field.
Date Posted: 20/12/17