Reporting to: B2B Operations and Reporting Manager
No of Reports: 3+
Salary: Up to £30,000 (Dependent on Experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours a week; between 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday with potential to extend opening hours as we grow
Location: Bristol (City Centre)
About the role – purpose
Bristol Energy is a national gas and electricity company that is challenging the norm. Built on strong values of fairness and accountability, we believe in using our energy as a force for social good.
We have big ambitions and are looking for people with the skills, determination and passion to build on our success. If you’ve got the relevant experience and are driven to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
The B2B Billing and Customer Service Team is part of the B2B Customer Operations Team and plays an important role in the success of our B2B Retail Business; providing a range of customer facing activities to a sizeable portfolio of electricity and gas business customers.
As a new entrant and challenger brand in the B2B market, and given Bristol Energy’s ethos, it is critical that all our customer facing staff conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner. All members of the B2B Team will be expected to take a “hands on” approach and particularly in the early stages, multi task where necessary.
As B2B Billing and Customer Service Team Leader you will be responsible for the timely and accurate billing of a portfolio of electricity and gas customers, ensuring all B2B customers are sent the appropriate Welcome Pack and on-boarding communications, and that they receive a personalised, professional and prompt query management and resolution experience. These customer interactions will largely be telephone/email and postal based, although it is possible certain strategic accounts may warrant F2F engagement from you or one of your assistants. You will also work with your B2B Sales and B2B Revenue Management colleagues to ensure a best in class, professional and consistent end to end customer journey. While also developing, testing and implementing B2B’s billing and customer service processes and systems functionality to ensure we can meet our KPI’s and deliver best in class service as we continue to grow.
Your role will include proactively leading, coaching and developing a small team comprising of Billing and Customer Service Assistants. This will include regular performance reviews and 121s, where you will discuss individual and team performance versus agreed targets/objectives and identify any training/development needs. Another key aspect of the role will be to ensure that team members are suitably trained, motivated and supported in their cross selling activities.
About the role – accountabilities
This Team Leader position will be exciting, fast-paced and varied so you will need to be able to turn your hand to a number of activities. As well as overseeing the following activities, like all members of the B2B management team, you will be expected to roll your sleeves up and issue bills, answer the telephone and respond to email queries promptly. Although not an exhaustive list, these duties will include:
Management and Reporting
• Planning B2B Billing & Customer Service team workload and prioritisation; coordinating activity.
• Managing the inbound telephone (VCC) Rota and team availability.
• Conducting regular performance reviews and 121s with your Billing and Customer Service assistants.
• Reporting on billing and customer services activity and performance.
• Training new and existing agents in B2B billing and customer service processes and systems.
Key team activities
• Timely and accurate invoice production, ensuring our KPI’s are met and resolving unbilled issues.
• Timely and professional resolution of all customer queries; meeting our telephone and email Grade of Service.
• Key Accounts; sending group billing reports to key accounts and related communications.
• Effective and timely complaint handling and reporting, ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Developing new or improved processes and systems functionality as we grow (scalability).
• Working with colleagues to specify, test and implement fixes and new functionality.
• Quoting new sales enquiries and cross-selling products and services to achieve agreed targets.
• Monitoring customer satisfaction survey results i.e., Net Promoter Score, Trust Pilot etc.
• Customer retention, particularly at contract renewal points.
• Assist across all aspects of the B2B workload when required.
About you – Knowledge, skills and experience
You must have:
• Experienced Team Leader (ideally in billing and/or customer service)
• Experience in managing, coaching and motivating direct reports and team members
• Experience in managing a complex and demanding workload
• Experience of Billing and Customer service within a highly regulated environment
• Excellent IT skills with the ability to use the Microsoft Office suite proficiently
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with all stakeholders
• Detailed understanding of the UK Energy industry
• The ability to work in a flexible manner and respond to changing circumstances
• Proactive with the ability to spot and resolve potential issues before they arise
• Analytical with the ability to present information in a way that assists decision making
• A customer focus with an appreciation of how team success links with wider B2B and business commercial success
You will ideally have:
• Desirable – experience of working within a dynamic start-up environment
Please submit your CV with a short covering letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject field.