Caring in Bristol: Helping Bristol’s homeless
Quote CARING when you switch to Bristol Energy and help give someone a warm place to sleep for the night.
Or why not volunteer for Caring in Bristol this winter, and use your energy to make a positive difference.
Caring in Bristol is a local charity that helps homeless people 365 days of the year. We’re proud to support their incredible work in the city. And so far we’ve raised £3,000 through switches, that’s around 166 warm and dry nights in a shelter.
Switch to us quoting the code CARING and we’ll donate £30 (£15 for gas and £15 for electricity) to Caring in Bristol.
How can you help?
- Volunteer for Caring in Bristol.
- On Bristol’s Harbourside? You can donate £2 using our contactless donation point, to the SOS appeal.
- Switch to us quoting the code CARING and we’ll donate £30 (£15 for gas and £15 for electricity) to Caring in Bristol.
The scale of the problem
One in 170 people in the city are homeless (Shelter, Nov 2017). And every year, the problem gets worse. The number of people spending the night in doorways, subways, parks and homeless shelters has reached unprecedented levels in the city.
Seen someone on the street and thought, ‘what should I do?’
If you’re concerned about someone rough sleeping, you can make a street referral via Streetlink. You’ll need to let them know:
- The rough sleeper’s name (if known)
- Physical description
- Any distinguishing characteristics (e.g. colour of distinctive clothing/possessions/sleeping bag or distinctive accent)
- Specific location where the person is sleeping
- Time they were seen
Let’s all help improve and increase the support offered to homeless and vulnerable people in Bristol.
Please spread the word by sharing our video.
- Need more reasons to switch to Bristol Energy? Find out why Bristol Energy is Positive Energy.