Reporting to: Head of IT and Change
No of Reports: None
Salary: £28,000 - £37,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Bristol (City Centre)
About the role – purpose
Bristol Energy is a national gas and electricity company that is challenging the norm. Built on strong values of fairness and accountability, we believe in using our energy as a force for social good.
We have big ambitions and are looking for people with the skills, determination and passion to build on our success. If you’ve got the relevant experience and are driven to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
Success in the business of supplying energy is both about managing large volumes of data and analysing it in order to find patterns, issues and sources of competitive advantage.
The role of the SQL Developer is all about working with senior colleagues to define management information requirements and then sourcing, extracting, cleansing, transforming and displaying data in order to provide colleagues with dynamic reports and insights that help them to run the business to the best of their abilities.
About the role – accountabilities
This position will be exciting, fast-paced and varied – so you will need to be able to turn your hand to a number of activities. Although not an exhaustive list, these duties will include:
- Leading workshops and analysis sessions with senior colleagues to define reporting requirements
- Understanding data structures and quality in source systems and writing, running and automating data extracts
- Designing and maintaining a management information system (MIS) that creates unified views of company information from multiple disparate data sources
- Loading, cleansing and combining extracts into the MI and related databases
- Managing and extending the MIS to provide a growing repository of management information over time
- Using management information, and business intelligence reporting tools to create reports, and assist others to create reports that tell a story, help visualise what is happening and prompt actionable insights
- Working with the teams using source systems and with suppliers to improve the quality of source data over time
- Assisting in the creation, delivery and maintenance of the MIS strategy and roadmap
- Analysing and resolving general technical and business issues
- Delivering what was promised with the desired quality, on time, and on budget
About you – Knowledge, skills and experience
You must have:
- Experience in designing, managing and using management information databases on Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with SSIS
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, SSRS, and Excel
- Experience of using and developing business Intelligence tools such as Power BI
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders
- Good organisational, estimation and administration skills
- Good practical problem-solving skills, involving databases
- Good at defining and following processes
- The ability to guide and train various stakeholders to use management information
- The ability to read, design and use data models
- A self-starter with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently when required
- Flexibility in regards to scope of work and keen to learn new skills and technologies
You will ideally have skills in:
- Visual studio .net (web and application)
- MS-SQL / Server Administration
Please submit your CV with a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject field.
Date Posted: 01/02/18