Reporting to: Billing Team Leader
No of Reports: 0
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Location: Bristol (City Centre)
About the role – purpose
Bristol Energy is a national gas and electricity company that is challenging the norm. Built on strong values of fairness and accountability, we believe in using our energy as a force for social good.
We have big ambitions and are looking for people with the skills, determination and passion to build on our success. If you’ve got the relevant experience and are driven to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Billing Advisor for Bristol Energy, your focus will be on delivering excellent customer service and taking ownership in the resolution of a wide range of billing queries. These will include aspects from before the bill has been created initially, throughout the billing process and any issues after billing that may arise.
Meticulous investigation and effective communication skills are paramount in this role whilst keeping our customers at the heart of everything we do. At Bristol Energy, you’ll be dealing with many different customers in a variety of situations, all with different needs. This calls for resilience, determination and a positive can-do attitude in our Billing team.
About the role – accountabilities
This position will be exciting, fast-paced and varied – so you will need to be able to turn your hand to a number of activities. Although not an exhaustive list, these duties will include:
- Manage and resolve external and internal customer originated queries in given time-scales
- Maintain customer data held within the main billing system
- Proactive and reactive telephony, email and letter contact with customers
- Review bills and create rebills where necessary to ensure accurate billing
- Manage electronic billing
- Liaise and work with other internal teams on the resolution of issues. Mainly our Industry Operations, Customer Payment and Customer Care teams
- Investigate and resolve reasons for accounts being late billed
- Ensure that all billing procedures are compliant and adhered to
- Recognise any billing exception trends and escalate these to the Billing Team Leader where required.
- Take responsibility for timely resolution of complaints that are raised to the Billing team.
- Work in line with all KPI’s that are set around call and Billing performance
- Any other activities which support the day to day operation of Bristol Energy
About you – knowledge, skills and experience
You must have
- Excellent problem solving and complex query handling skills
- Strong communication and rapport skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to take decisive action with the use of existing policies and procedures
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work under pressure
- The ability to work well as part of a team as well as on your own
- Great attention to detail and the ability to follow processes
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage time effectively
- IT literate with the ability to learn new relevant information and apply it to your day-to-day role
- High level of numeracy and problem solving skills
You will ideally have:
- Experience of working in a domestic billing function
- Enthusiasm towards a challenging all-encompassing role
- Experience in working in the energy industry or another complex or regulated environment
- Proven ability to adapt to a changing environment
Please submit your CV with a short covering letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject field.
Date Posted: 13/02/18