At Bristol Energy we respect your privacy and value the relationship we have with you.
This privacy statement explains what types of personal information we collect on our website, how we may use that data, who we may share that data with and how we keep it secure.
Information you provide and information we collect:
When you use this website or contact us in other ways we collect certain information or data about you. This includes:
- When you contact us with questions or queries, or any feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to us
- When you apply for our products or services, change them or ask us for a quote
- Any forms you complete on our website
- Your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you use
- Information on how you use our site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website and our service to you
- Details that allow you to access our services and transactions
- When you contact us by phone, in person or otherwise we will record personal data about you
You will always know when this information is being collected and that it will only be used for the purpose you provide it.
Collecting this data allows us to:
- Improve our services to you
- Improve this website by monitoring how you use it
- Respond to feedback and provide you with information
Where we store your data and data security
We will store your data collected through our website on our secure servers in the UK. Some of our support functions (automated email) stores data outside of the EU.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Keeping your information secure
We will always protect the data you submit through our website with a high level of security. However, you should be aware that we are not in a position to completely guarantee the security of everything that comes to us online.
Disclosing your information
We may pass on your personal information in the following circumstances:
- If we have a legal obligation to do so
- To Bristol City Council's Energy Service as they may be able to offer home energy saving services to you
- To permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods and services we believe may interest you. You may opt out by ticking the relevant form on which we collect your data
By providing us with your personal details you agree to them being used for the purposes specified in the terms and conditions of your contract with us and by agents and contractors working on our behalf.
We will always ask you before we use your information for any other reason or for marketing purposes.
This privacy statement does not apply to third parties who place links on our site, and we are not responsible for the content or otherwise of such third party sites.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access information we hold about you. Any request should be made in writing and may be subject to a £10 administrative fee as prescribed under the Act.
- If you believe information we hold about you is incorrect you have the right to have the information corrected.
- We will only retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary and according to the terms of our data retention policy.
- If you would like to access the data we hold about you or request information about our privacy statement please contact us at the address below.
Bristol Energy is the Data Controller for this website and as such we are responsible for the proper management of your data.
To contact us about any aspects of this privacy statement and exercise your data rights please:
Or write to: Data Protection Officer, Bristol Energy, 100 Temple Street, Bristol BS1 6AG