Reporting to: Director of Sales and Marketing
No of Reports: 3
Salary: Up to £65,000
Hours: 37.5 (per week)
Location: Bristol (City Centre) with UK travel
About the role
Bristol Energy is a different type of energy company, which is challenging the norm. Put simply, we think there’s a better way of doing things. Built on strong values of fairness and accountability, we’re a force for social good.
Owned by Bristol City Council, we’re an independently run commercial energy company. We offer fairly priced energy to all and great customer service, where the money we make will be reinvested to benefit local communities. We back locally generated renewables to support the regional economy and create sustainable energy for future generations.
Our proposition should sell itself, so that our customers and our stakeholders act as our ambassadors.
As part of the Sales and Marketing leadership team you will work with colleagues across the business to ensure our activities support our desire to be a force for social good by being:
- reflective of our mission and brand
- friendly and professional
- inviting and factual, never superficial or pushy
- engaging and always compliant
- a clear voice and transparent
Our heart is always Bristol, with over 80% of our colleagues living in and around Bristol, and we offer our best deals for local people. You will have both a local focus and work within the national energy market, travelling across the UK.
As Head of Residential Sales at Bristol Energy you’ll have several core objectives:
- Create a compelling and robust sales strategy, based on a deep understanding of our competitors’ products, sales, services and channel strategies, and of our internal drivers and economics.
- Achieve our new customer acquisition, existing customer renewal, retention, x-sell and win-back objectives – making appropriate trade-offs between volume and value – while making sure our sales activities, whether via partners, face to face, web or on the phone are all delivered in a way that supports our social goals and our values.
- Lead the Residential Sales Team to achieve our shared objectives, in a way that supports their and your aspirations within Bristol Energy.
- Personally take the lead on securing and developing major partnerships, working with the Residential Third Party Sales Relationship Manager.
- Deliver valuable, data-driven insight back to the senior management team to help their understanding of our results in the context of the market, channels, partners and our strategy.
- Build an efficient and effective team to deliver the immediate, near-term objectives and support our future requirements and delivery.
- Work closely with colleagues in Marketing, Customer Care, Customer Operations and Finance to develop effective propositions to achieve the agreed results.
Your other accountabilities:
- Be an ambassador and champion of our brand to ensure your direct sales and partnership activities support being a force for social good in a practical and measurable way.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop products and services that work towards achieving the acquisition and retention of residential energy customers.
- Generate and manage new strategic leads and opportunities through a range of prospecting and networking activities.
- Take ownership and deliver to agreed commercial outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with the wider business to ensure we have the necessary sales collateral, marketing communications and PR content and campaigns.
You must have:
- Experience working in a senior commercial position in an energy or service industry.
- Experience of developing and delivering strategy in a competitive fast-moving market.
- Ability to quickly learn the regulatory rules that underpin an energy company and public sector procurement, sales and operations.
- Excellent numeracy, written and verbal communication skills, commercial focus and judgement.
- Ability to influence others and instil confidence amongst the leadership team and senior stakeholders.
- A passion for making a social difference.
- Proactive, highly organised and goal-oriented.
- Ability to work without supervision to deliver on time and to quality and to cost targets.
- A willingness to travel within the UK and Bristol area.
You ideally will have:
- Gained your experience working within energy, other utilities or a related field.
- Knowledge or experience of the regulatory rules within energy company or public sector procurement, sales and operations.
- Experience of managing, developing and motivating others to succeed.
- A personable, human and collaborative approach with the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
Please submit your CV with a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject field.
Closing Date: 31/01/18