Reporting to: Financial Accountant
No of Reports: None
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Bristol (City Centre)
About the role – purpose
Bristol Energy is a national gas and electricity company that is challenging the norm. Built on strong values of fairness and accountability, we believe in using our energy as a force for social good.
We have big ambitions and are looking for people with the skills, determination and passion to build on our success. If you’ve got the relevant experience and are driven to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
About the team
The Finance team has a vital role in both the life of our customers and the success of our business; they assist in formulating all the financial targets and budgets for each part of our business and maintain control on all transactions and accountancy issues, as well as ensuring financial compliance.
The team has a responsibility for delivering all accountancy and ensuring that the company is compliant with regulatory bodies. It manages billing and payments and provide oversight of the annual accounts. Corporate finance responsibilities include managing policies around debt, taxation, equity, capital and acquisitions.
About the role – accountabilities
This position will be exciting, fast-paced and varied – so you will need to be able to turn your hand to a number of activities. Although not an exhaustive list, these duties will include:
Administration of the Accounts payable function including:
- Matching purchase invoices against purchase orders
- Scanning and filing supplier invoices
- Entering supplier invoices onto the accounting system
- Obtaining authorisation for all invoices in accordance with authority levels
- Managing and prioritising all incoming finance emails and post
- Entering invoices and assigning cost codes accurately
- Monitoring certain industry costs and prioritising payments
- Producing payment files for authorisation
- Processing colleagues’ monthly expenses and credit card payments
Additionally, there would be ad-hoc tasks e.g.
- Banking customer cheque payments.
- Arranging customer refunds
- Any other related duties to support Bristol Energy and the Finance Team
About you – Knowledge, skills and experience
You must have:
- Experience of working within an office environment, preferably within a finance support function
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade B or above in Mathematics
- Experience of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong time management and organisational skills, methodical, practical and with a good attention to detail, whilst working as quickly as possible.
- Initiative to prioritise effectively and be self-motivated
- Patience and a willingness to assist wherever possible
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team as well as under own initiative
You will ideally:
- Have experience of using an accounting system
- Basic book-keeping ability
- A Level (or equivalent) in Mathematics
Please submit your CV with a short covering letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject field.
Date posted: 1/2/18