Reporting to: Director of B2B Retail
No of Reports: 1-3
Salary: Up to £50,000 DOE
Location: Bristol (City Centre)
About the role – purpose
Bristol Energy is a national gas and electricity company that is challenging the norm. Built on strong values of fairness and accountability, we believe in using our energy as a force for social good.
We have big ambitions and are looking for people with the skills, determination and passion to build on our success. If you’ve got the relevant experience and are driven to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
The B2B Retail Team plays an important role in the success of Bristol Energy. It is responsible for building a sizeable portfolio of electricity and gas business customers through two distinct channels to market: Direct Sales and Third Party Intermediaries (TPIs).
Direct Sales are achieved through: Tenders/Framework Agreements, Affinity Schemes/Partnerships, F2F Account Management, Inbound/Outbound/X-sell telephony and through our Web Site/Pricing Portal.
As a new entrant and challenger brand to the B2B market, and given Bristol Energy’s ethos, it is critical that all sales/customer facing staff conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner. All members of the B2B Retail Team will be expected to take a ‘hands-on’ approach and multitask when necessary.
As Direct Sales Manager you will be responsible for negotiating and managing a suite of direct customer contract relationships across the UK. These relationships may be telephony based or F2F.
This role will include proactively leading, coaching and developing a small team of Business Sales Executives and Business Support Executives. You will target customers who align with the Bristol Energy brand and hold regular sales performance reviews with both your reports and with Campaign Management and Marketing Colleagues. You will be expected to provide CI/MI back to the business regarding competitor behaviours, price positioning and product/proposition development. Another key aspect of the role will be to ensure your direct reports and B2B Billing and Customer Service staff are suitably trained, motivated and supported in x-selling activities.
About the role – accountabilities
This position will be exciting, fast-paced and varied – so you will need to be able to turn your hand to a number of activities. Although not an exhaustive list, these duties will include:
- To recruit, develop and lead a small sales team – both inbound telephony based sales and face to face account management
- To Manage the operational team performance in respect of business plans and budgets, taking appropriate action and reporting as required
- Review staff performance against agreed KPI’s
- Identify and address any training and development needs
In terms of operational key performance indicators, these will include:
- Energy volume of electricity and gas sales
- Gross margin of sales
- Contract duration of sales
- Acquisition/conversion and retention rates
- Drop-out rates
- Sales code of practice compliance
- Credit policy compliance i.e. customers on required payment terms (direct debit)
- Bad debt
About you – Knowledge, skills and experience
You must have:
- Considerable experience in sales, relationship management and contract negotiation
- Considerable experience in managing, coaching and motivating sales teams
- Experience in managing a complex and demanding workload
- Experience in recruiting and training sales staff
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to use the Microsoft Office suite proficiently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with all stakeholders
- The ability to present complex sales information clearly and concisely to all stakeholders
- The ability to work in a flexible manner and respond to changing circumstances
- Analytical with the ability to present information in a way that assists decision-making
- Proactive with the ability to spot and resolve potential issues before they arise
- A detailed understanding of the UK energy industry
- A commitment to UK wide travel with the occasional overnight stay when required
You will ideally have:
- Experience of working in a start-up environment
- Experience in Matrix Management
Please submit your CV with a short covering letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject field.
Date Posted: 20/10/17