Reporting to: Customer Payments Team Leader
No of Reports: 0
Salary: £18,000 – £20,000
Location: Bristol (City Centre)
About the role – purpose
Bristol Energy is a national gas and electricity company that is challenging the norm. Built on strong values of fairness and accountability, we believe in using our energy as a force for social good.
We have big ambitions and are looking for people with the skills, determination and passion to build on our success. If you’ve got the relevant experience and are driven to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Customer Payment Advisor for Bristol Energy, you will engage with customers, working with them to find suitable payment arrangements. You’ll be passionate about delivering excellent customer service to them, whether they need information about the payments on their account, are experiencing financial difficulty, have missed a payment or for a range of similar reasons.
Problem solving, issue resolution and query management form a large part of this busy and challenging role where we are passionate about keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. As part of the Bristol Energy, you’ll be dealing with many different customers in a variety of situations and different requirements.
About the role – accountabilities
This position will be exciting, fast-paced and varied – so you will need to be able to turn your hand to a number of activities. Although not an exhaustive list, these duties will include:
- Manage inbound Payment enquiries, for example; arranging payment plans and reviewing customer’s ability to pay
- Review Direct Debit levels per the company strategy
- Identify vulnerability and the difference between those that won’t pay, and those that can’t – treating each accordingly and morally
- Processing amendments to payment arrangements and offering helpful and constructive solutions
- Making high volume outbound customer payments contact via all channels; telephone, email and letter.
- Handling difficult or sensitive customer situations
- Making recommendations for escalated action where appropriate
- Ensure that all policies and procedures relating to collections of money are compliant and followed
- Recognise any exception trends and escalate these to the Customer Payments Team Leader where required.
- Take responsibility for timely resolution of complaints that are raised to the team
- Liaise with third party partners to obtain information on previous customers for tracing purposes
- Accurately allocate payments and refunds to customer’s accounts.
- Ensure prepayment payments and debt repayments are managed to company processes
- Work in line with any KPI’s that are set around call and collections performance
- Any other activities which support the day to day operation of Bristol Energy
About you – Knowledge, skills and experience
You must have:
- Excellent problem solving and complex query handling skills
- Strong communication and rapport skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to identify vulnerable customers
- Experience of a customer facing role and demonstrating a can-do attitude
- Capacity to work under pressure and to performance standards
- Comfortable working with others to get the job done and owning the solution
- Great attention to detail and the ability to follow processes and scripts
- Excellent organisational skills and able to manage time effectively
You will ideally have:
- Track record of working in a domestic credit control function, preferably with a focus on good customer service
- Ability to take decisive action with the use of existing policies and procedures
- Enthusiasm towards a challenging all-encompassing role
- Experience in working in the Energy/ Credit industry or another complex or regulated environment
- Proven ability to adapt to a changing environment
- IT literate and confident learning new systems
Please submit your CV with a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject field.