Salary: £18,000 - £22,500
Hours: 37.5 (will consider applications for part-time working)
Location: Bristol (Temple Meads)
About the role
We are looking for individuals to join our team of advisors to work in a range of different teams across Bristol Energy. This is an exciting opportunity to start or progress a career within the Energy Industry as it moves into the future with the roll out of smart meters, the launch of our new customer app and other new innovative and sustainable technologies.
We have a wide range of activities that support our customers, including the installation of new smart meters, customer billing and payments, developing our business to business relationships, liaising with third parties through our industry operations activity and many other ways of offering an excellent service to our customers.
You will be responding to and resolving customer and supplier queries directly from customers via email and phone or reviewing reports to ensure our customers’ accounts are all processed correctly. You will often need to liaise with colleagues and third parties to ensure you’re giving our customers the best service. You will need to be good at listening, asking the right questions and looking to solve problems to ensure a better and more efficient service to our customers. Working in an industry and company that is undergoing transformation, you will need to be flexible and good at coping with change.
You will need to be self-motivated, well organised and have a desire to improve your own and the team’s performance. There will be opportunities to get involved with improving processes and system requirements to ensure a smooth and efficient operation.
Bristol Energy is a different type of energy company which is challenging the norm. Put simply, we think there’s a better way of doing things. Built on strong values of fairness and accountability, we’re a force for social good.
A commercial energy company where everyone has access to fair, transparent tariffs and great customer service, where the money we make is reinvested to benefit local communities, and where locally generated renewables support the regional economy, creating sustainable energy for future generations.
- 25 days annual leave rising to 1 day each year up to 30 days
- 8 bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel season ticket loans
- Days off for volunteering in the community
- Support with personal development
You will have:
- A customer focussed mindset with experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Demonstrable experience of problem solving by investigating and resolving issues
- An analytical and logical approach with the ability to understand numerical information & systems context
- Strong IT skills including using Microsoft Excel and Word
- An ability to be resilient and work flexibly in a changing fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to adapt to build strong rapport with a range of different customers, colleagues and third parties
- Excellent organisational skills and able to manage time effectively
- A resilient, self-motivated and results orientated approach to your work
You will ideally have:
- Knowledge or experience in the energy industry or a similar complex and regulated environments
- Experience of working with processing accounts or providing customer service in the following areas: Smart Metering, Billing, Collections, B2B, Energy Industry Operations or complaint handling
- Experience of using Energy Industry systems such as uSmart, Secrure Front End or Junifer
- An innovative approach to resolving issues and a desire to improve your own and your team’s performance
- Experience of training, buddying or supporting others at work
Some roles may require BS7858 security checks.
Please submit your CV with a short covering letter to [email protected] with the job title in the subject field.