The Priority Services Register (PSR) is a free service provided by all energy suppliers to customers in need of additional assistance.
We will ask you when you first become our customer if you wish to be added to the Priority Services Register. You can also ask to be added to our Priority Services Register at any time.
You can receive this service if you:
- Are of pensionable age
- Are disabled or chronically sick
- Have long-term medical condition
- Have a hearing or visual impairment or additional communication needs
- Are in a vulnerable situation
- Live with children under 5
What would be considered a vulnerable situation?
A wide range of circumstances could be deemed vulnerable situations when determining PSR eligibility, for example:
- Customers with mental health conditions which impact on them understanding their bill
- Customers who cannot top up their pre-payment meter due to injury or disability
- Temporary circumstances where a customer needs extra support for a limited amount of time.
If you’re unsure if your situation qualifies, contact our customer care team.
What help can I get as part of this service?
- Accessible information: We can send you bills and letters in large print and Braille.
- Improving access to your meters: If you can't reach your meters, we can look into moving them for free.
- Quarterly meter readings: If there's no one who can read your meter for you at home, we'll arrange for a meter reader to visit you.
- Peace of mind through our password and nominee schemes: You can ask our meter readers to use a personal password when they visit your home, so you know they’re really from Bristol Energy. You can also nominate someone you trust to handle your account.
- Advance notice of planned power cuts: If you are medically reliant on your supply, you can arrange for the company that runs your local network (the network operator) to give you advance notice of planned power cuts (for example, where they plan to carry out engineering work).
I don’t need any help, do I have to be on the Priority Services Register?
You don’t have to be on the Priority Services Register, but this a free service, which helps us to prioritise vulnerable customers in emergency situations.
How do I get added to the Priority Services Register?
If you think you might qualify for the Priority Services Register, get in touch with our Customer Care team and let us know. Or you can apply by completing our Priority Services Register application form.
If your circumstances change and you no longer need additional help, please let us know, so we can remove you from the Register.
If you have a different supplier for your gas and electricity, you need to contact both suppliers. If you switch suppliers, you'll need to register for the service again with the new supplier.
You can also, find out more about the other support we can offer our customers.