We'll make it easy for you
We understand that moving home can be a stressful time. So we'll do everything we can to make it as easy and straightforward as possible.
We’d also love to supply your new home.
What do you need to do about your energy supply when moving home?
Before you move - Let us know
When you know the date that you’ll no longer be liable for the property (which is either the date your tenancy ends or the date the sale completes), please let us know the following:
- Your name
- Your account number
- Whether you are the tenant or homeowner
- Date you are no longer liable for the property.
- The full postal address including postcode of the property you are leaving
- An up-to-date gas and/or electricity meter reading. (As long as these are no more than five days before you are no longer liable for the property, we can use these as your closing meter readings to calculate your final bill.)
- Your full forwarding address including postcode.
Let us know in the way that's easiest for you
- Simply fill in the Moving Home form in the Let Us Know section of your online account
- Email our Home Movers team
- Or give us a call
If you’re a pre-payment customer
It’s important that you still follow the process detailed above. If you don’t tell us you’re moving, we may continue to charge you until the new tenant or homeowner moves into the property.
If your moving date is less than two working days away, please call our Home Movers team on 0808 281 2222.
Please also remember to leave the key or card in the property for the new occupant when you leave.
Managing your energy supply in your new home
Once you've moved in
Remember to take meter readings as soon as you move in.
You'll need to provide these readings to the supplier(s) currently supplying the property.
This means you can be sure you only pay for the energy you've used since moving into the property.
You'll also receive your final bill from us for supplying energy to your previous property.
Switching the energy supply in your new home to Bristol Energy
We’d really like to supply you at your new home.
Simply get a quote to supply your new property and sign up in minutes.
Or get in touch.