Reporting to: Customer Care Team Leader
Salary: £18,000 (pro-rata)
Hours: Part Time, Flexible, Must work 9am – 5pm Saturdays, flexible hours available from Monday – Friday (particularly evenings 5pm-8pm).
Location: Bristol (City Centre)
About the team
Our Customer Care team has a vital role to play in the life of our customer; they provide first class service and an excellent journey for all Bristol Energy customers. The team will manage all enquiries, ensuring that customer needs are met, and delivering exceptional service from the first point of contact.
About the role
You will be on the front line, talking to and assisting customers with their queries. You’ll take inbound telephone calls, respond to emails and speak to customers face-to-face. You will also sign up customers and provide energy savings advice to help them reduce their bills.
Every day you will help Bristol Energy deliver consistent excellence in every aspect of our customer’s journey.
Taking personal responsibility is key to this role. You must have good timekeeping and awareness of your impact on others around you, whether colleagues or customers. Following through on your promises is important.
- Be chatty and friendly, yet professional in your interactions with customers and peers.
- Answer and resolve customer enquiries through all channels and take ownership of any problems
- Undertake operational activities relating to customers’ accounts
- Ensure your interactions with customers are compliant with Energy Industry Regulations
- Take ownership of complaints and follow Bristol Energy’s procedures
- Help your team meet and exceed its KPIs and work with other teams to help them meet theirs too
- Any other activities which support the day-to-day operation of Bristol Energy
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in a customer care environment that includes telephone, email and face-to-face customer care
- Experience of working as a team and on your own initiative
- Experience of working in complex and regulated environments
- Experience of working to agreed processes and scripts
- Experience of working to targets in a fast-paced environment
- Preferably knowledge of, and experience in, the energy industry
Skills and Aptitudes
- You’ll be a people person, confident dealing with our diverse customer base through all channels
- You’ll be someone who enjoys making other people’s lives a little easier by delivering a great customer experience
- Excellent and clear communication skills – both verbal and written and the ability to build strong rapport with customers and internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to deal calmly and constructively with potentially challenging behaviour
- Ability to learn and use a lot of technical information in your day-to-day role
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and able to manage time effectively
Please submit your CV with a short covering letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject field.