Reporting to: Customer Care Team Leader
No of Reports: None
Hours: Full Time: 37.5 hours per week.
(Shift pattern to cover hours between 8 am – 8 pm Monday – Friday & 9 am – 5 pm Saturday)
Location: Bristol (City Centre)
About the team
The Operations Directorate undertakes a pivotal role in making sure that our customers’ needs are met, that we bill accurately and we engage with others in the sector.
Our Customer Care team has a vital role to play in the life of our customers, they provide first class customer service and an excellent customer journey for all Bristol Energy customers. The team will manage all customer queries ensuring that customer needs are met, and delivering exceptional customer service from the first point of contact.
About the role
You will be on the front line, talking to and assisting customers with their queries. You’ll take telephone calls, respond to emails and even speak to customers face-to-face. You will also sign up customers and provide energy savings advice to help them reduce their bills.
Every day you will help Bristol Energy deliver consistent excellence in every aspect of your customer’s journey.
Taking personal responsibility is key to this role. You must have good personal timekeeping and awareness of your impact on others around you whether colleagues or customers. Following through on your promises is important.
- Be chatty and friendly, yet professional in your interactions with customers and always peer-to-peer
- Answer and resolve customer enquiries through all channels and demonstrate ownership of any problems
- Resolve customers’ queries at the first point of contact, liaising with other departments to ensure resolution
- Undertake operational activities relating to customers’ accounts
- Ensure your interactions with customers are compliant
- Proactively review customer accounts when they call, to identify and resolve problems and risk of future problems before they arise
- Recognise contact trends and give feedback to your team leader
- Take ownership of complaints and follow Bristol Energy’s procedures
- Help your team meet and exceed its KPIs and work with other teams to help them meet theirs too
- Be the first level of compliance within customer care ensuring practical delivery of great and complaint customer service at all times
- Any other activities which support the day-to-day operation of Bristol Energy
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in a customer care environment that includes telephone, email and face-to-face customer care
- Experience of working as a team and on your own initiative
- Experience of working in complex and regulated environments
- Experience of working to agreed processes and scripts
- Preferably, knowledge of, and experience in, the energy industry
Skills and Aptitudes
- You’ll be a people person, confident dealing with our diverse customer base through all channels
- You’ll be someone who enjoys making other people’s lives a little easier by delivering a great customer experience
- Excellent and straightforward communication skills – both verbal and written and the ability to build strong rapport with customers and internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to deal calmly and constructively with potentially challenging behaviour of customers and to resolve the contact satisfactorily
- Ability to learn and use a lot of technical information in your day-to-day role
- Comfortable working with others to get the job done and owning the solution
- Great attention to detail and the ability to follow processes and scripts
- Excellent organisational skills and able to manage time effectively
Please submit your CV with a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject field.