Reporting to: Customer Care Team Leader
No of Reports: None
Salary: £18,000 (Pro Rata)
Hours: Up to 37.5 hours per week – shift patterns Mon-Sat. Part time hours to include evenings and Saturdays
Location: Bristol (City Centre)
About the role
Bristol Energy is a different type of energy company which is challenging the norm. Put simply, we think there’s a better way of doing things. Built on strong values of fairness and accountability, we’re a force for social good.
Our Customer Care team has a vital role to play in the life of our customers, they provide first class customer service and an excellent customer journey for all Bristol Energy customers. The team will manage all customer queries ensuring that customer needs are met, and delivering exceptional customer service from the first point of contact.
You will be on the front line, talking to and assisting customers with their queries. You’ll take telephone calls, respond to emails and even speak to customers face to face; you will also sign up customers and provide energy savings advice to help them reduce their bills. Every day you will help Bristol Energy deliver consistent excellence in every aspect of your customer’s journey.
Taking personal responsibility is key to this role. You must have good personal timekeeping and awareness of your impact on others around you whether colleagues or customers. Following through on your promises is important.
- Answer and resolve customer enquiries through different communication channels and demonstrate ownership of any problems
- Be chatty and friendly yet professional in your interactions with customers and always peer to peer
- Resolve customers’ queries at the first point of contact, liaising with other departments to ensure resolution
- Undertake operational activities relating to customers’ accounts
- Ensuring all interactions with customers are compliant with energy industry and other regulations
- Proactively review customer accounts when they contact us, to identify and resolve problems and risk of future problems before they arise
- Recognise contact trends and give feedback to your team leader
- Take ownership of complaints and follow Bristol Energy’s procedures
- Help your team meet and exceed its KPIs and work with other teams to help them meet theirs too
- Any other activities which support the day to day operation of Bristol Energy
You must have:
- Excellent customer service skills and experience of working in a customer service role
- Excellent and straight forward communication skills, both verbally and written
- Proven ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with customers and colleagues
- Capacity to work under pressure and to performance standards
- Good IT skills including using Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn new systems
You will ideally have:
- Experience in working in the energy industry or another complex or regulated environment
- Experience in resolving customer complaints and working with diverse customers
- Experience of working in a contact centre environment and/or offering customer service face to face, via email and by telephone
- Ability to work in a team and on own initiative
Please submit your CV with a short covering letter to [email protected] with the job title in the subject field.